Friday, September 22, 2017

Things I’m Loving Friday #202

Hello and Happy First Day of Fall, my friends!  The weather in Charlotte this week jumped back up into the upper 80s so it feels like the middle of summer over here right now. We were teased with a brief glimpse of fall weather a week or so ago and now I’m kind of over the heat and humidity. I am feeling ready for boots, scarves, cozy sweaters and pumpkin spice everything. Bring it on!

Since this weekend looks like it will be a hot one over here, we’re planning to embrace the sun and hope to get out on the lake for some boating and swimming. I’m also hoping to start a new book because I finally finished Beneath A Scarlet Sky. I mentioned how much I enjoyed the first part of that book in last week’s TILF post but the more it progressed, the more I was blown away by the incredible story. I was up way too late reading it this week and couldn’t fall asleep for a while once I finished because my mind was reeling. I think I want a little break from WWII historical fiction (I love it but it can also be really hard to read for obvious reasons) so if you have any great book recommendations for something in the suspense or mystery genre, let me know! 

And now it’s time for your usual Things I’m Loving Friday roundup! Below you will find a few things that are making me smile this week and, as always, I’d love for you to join in and tell me about something that you are loving this week, too!

I hope you all have a great Friday and an even better weekend! 

Things I’m Loving Friday

  • “He Gets It From His Mama”

Julie Chase 25 months[9]

Ryan likes to joke that Chase gets his eating abilities from me because somehow I always end up with food on my face when I’m done eating. When I picked Chase up from preschool on Wednesday, I had a chocolate chip cookie leftover in my purse from a lunch event and gave it to Chase to eat on the way home. When I opened the back door to unload him from the car, a big chocolaty grin greeted me and I laughed out loud. I had to send Ryan this picture to show him that once again Chase’s eating abilities mirrored his mamas. I love his little chocolate chip smile!

InvisiBobble

(image source)

Have you guys seen those hair ties that look like an old fashioned phone cord? They’ve been on my radar for a while now ever since I saw my friend Laura wearing one and she told me they do a great job at preventing lumps and bumps in your hair from a tight ponytail. She also said they’re virtually tangle-free so I ordered some during the Nordstrom sale a few weeks ago. They hold tight and feel comfortable without pulling and do the best job at eliminating ponytail creases of any hair ties I’ve tried to date. I actually like them most for prolonging my hair when I take the time to curl it. I’ll pile my hair on top of my head into a high pony and secure it with an InvisiBobble before bed and when I take my hair down in the morning, the waves are still there and the ponytail holder crease is virtually undetectable. It is a bit more noticeable when I have my hair straight, but still superior to other hair ties I’ve tried.

Kids Bento Lunchbox

Bentgo Kids Lunchbox

Right before Chase began preschool earlier this month, I was on a mission to  find a kid-friendly lunchbox that would be relatively easy for him to manage, reusable and easy for me to clean. I loved the idea of a Bento box for him but so many of the ones I found had little tiny containers inside that he would have to open which seemed like a big pain (mostly for his teachers). Amazon to the rescue! I found this Bentgo Kids Lunchbox online after reading some reviews and it is fantastic! The inside with all of the little compartments pops out for easy cleaning (it’s also dishwasher safe) and since the lunchbox seals tightly food in each compartment stays separated without the need for tiny containers. A great find!

  • Fresh Figs

fig tree figs sept

I still cannot believe that the first year we lived in our house, we had no idea we had a fig tree in our yard! Now we look forward to picking fresh figs off the tree every fall and they taste amazing. Chase cannot pass the tree without saying, “Pick figs!” and it’s been so fun to watch him try to spot the ripe, purple figs and pluck them off the tree to eat every time we are in our front yard. I have ambitions to create a garden in our yard with Chase when he’s a little older – maybe this upcoming spring – and think he’d be really into it. I’m also hoping that his interest/involvement will encourage me to keep up with a garden because while it’s something I really want to have and cultivate, it’s not a natural passion of mine. Perhaps planting things that bear fruit or vegetables will help make it a little more interesting for me!

  • Around the Web

Fitness: 4-Week Barre Bootcamp / 20 Minute Kettlebell Blast / Shoulder Burnout Workout

Food: Shrimp and Cauliflower Grits / Grilled Halibut / Easy Tortilla Breakfast Quiche 

Weekend Sales: 20% off entire purchase (including markdowns!) at West Elm with code FFSALE / 40% off everything at LOFT (This cutout sweater looks so cozy for fall!) / 30% off everything at Neiman Marcus Last Call (Love this French Connection Mini Backpack!) 

  • Friday Flashbacks

Why Rosehip Seed Oil Is My Natural Beauty Rockstar (Still using and loving this stuff!)

Rosehip Seed Oil Benefits

Hop On Hop Off Treadmill Workout (Treadmill boredom doesn’t stand a chance with this workout!)

hop on hop off treadmill workout

Question of the Day

What is one thing you are loving this week?

The post Things I’m Loving Friday #202 appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment