Friday, January 26, 2018

Things I’m Loving Friday #220

Hey friends! How are you doing? I feel like I finally let a huge secret out this week that I’ve been keeping close to my chest and now I’m still just feeling so darn lucky to have all of you following our journey. I’m sure it gets annoying to read over and over again, but I so appreciate you being here!

I hope all of you had a great week and that your weekends plans are a lovely combination of exciting and relaxing. We don’t have too much on the agenda which is perfect since our February weekends all of the sudden seemed to start filling up fast with birthday parties, baby sprinkles and more. The forecast calls for some rain but temperatures should reach the upper 50s so it won’t be too cold which is nice! I’m also looking forward to diving into Lilac Girls since I’ve heard the best things about this book and downloaded it on my Kindle earlier this week. It’s gonna be a happenin’ Friday night in the Fagan household, let me tell ya!

Also, this is a super random question for those of you with little ones out there, but do you think a 2.5 year old would enjoy going to a hibachi restaurant? I bought a Groupon a while back when my fried rice + shrimp sauce cravings were at their peak and now I’m wondering if Chase might LOVE the action of a hibachi restaurant… or if the whole experience might be too long and drawn out for him to really enjoy. My Groupon is about to expire and I think Chase might be into it! We’ll see. Experienced parents, please let me know if I’m in over my head with this idea!

Now with visions of onion volcanoes in our brains, let’s move onto our usual Friday business around here: Things I’m Loving Friday! Like every Friday on this blog, I’m sharing a short list of things that are making me smile this week and would love for you to join in the fun in the comments section. Enjoy your weekend, my friends! 

Things I’m Loving Friday

  • Mid-Week Date Night

19 weeks pregnant baby 2

A mid-week date night!? Whaaaat? Ryan and I managed to sneak away last night for a date night and it was so, so nice. He’s my favorite and we had such a great time reconnecting over ALL THE CARBS because that’s my current love language. It’s currently Restaurant Week in Charlotte and we wanted to take advantage! We headed off to 131 Main, one of our favorite local hot spots, and dove into a delicious dinner capped off with a big ol’ brownie sundae for dessert. It was such a nice night out with Ryan and reminded me (yet again) that we need to be better about planning more date nights in the future.

  • Cottage Cheese + A Drizzle of Strawberry Ice Cream Topping

cottage cheese strawberry toppings

Have you ever noticed the sugar content on a lot of fruit-flavored cottage cheese cups is kind of outrageous? I’ve loved cottage cheese all my life (my dad always ate it with apple butter so I randomly grew up eating it!) and I recently started adding a small drizzle of Blackberry Patch’s three-ingredient strawberry ice cream topping to my cottage cheese before digging in. (The topping is made with strawberries, lemon juice and pure cane sugar.) It’s a nice way to be able to get the punch of fruity sweetness I love without feeling like I’m dipping my spoon into a cup of strawberry jelly with little flecks of cottage cheese. Just sharing this one here for my fellow cottage cheese lovers who might be looking for fun topping options!

Fabletics Jacket and High Waisted Capris

(Note: This outfit was sent to me c/o Fabletics! I did not receive payment to mention it on my blog and am sharing my genuine thoughts about both items.)

Is it just me or do you guys also now never want to wear any leggings other than high-waisted leggings? They’re the best and in addition to staying in place during my workouts, I love the way they hold everything in and don’t dig into my sides. I recently received a new pair of High-Waisted Printed Powerhold Leggings from Fabletics that I cannot seem to stop wearing because they do a wonderful job of comfortably accommodating for my growing waistline (they’re smoothing but not restrictive) and feel great during my workouts. I love the black pattern speckled with the look of lightly-painted gray flowers in the Versilia Clear Print and have been wearing them constantly since I received them a few weeks ago. (They somehow feel smoothing without making me feel like I have to work up a sweat just to pour myself into them every time I want to wear them.) Also, the slightly cropped 7/8 length is my favorite – not too long that they bunch up at the ankle but not too short so they don’t crop my leg right in the middle of my calf which I tend to think looks unflattering on my body type.

In the above photo, I’ve paired my leggings with Fabletics’ Sammy Jacket, a fleece-lined zip-up, perfect for keeping you warm as you pop in and out of the gym or run around town. The jacket features multiple pockets which I personally appreciate since I feel like I’m constantly shoving everything into my pockets these days… my phone, keys, lip balm (dry lips this time of year are my nemesis) and a snack for Chase (always).

  • Afternoon Tea

j anthropologie mug and tea

I’ve been so into sipping on an afternoon cup of tea lately and love the way it seems to calm me and often soothes my stomach if I’m feeling a bit nauseated. We also keep our house obnoxiously cold in the winter (gotta save that money), so the tea is a great way to warm myself up as I work away on the computer during Chase’s nap time. (Speaking of nap time, Chase has taken exactly ONE nap this week. HAAAALP! Thankfully he’s embracing “Quiet Time” and will stay in his crib with some books for a while but I’m beginning to fear solid naps may be losing their predictability around here!)

  • Conversation Hearts

conversation hearts

After talking about cottage cheese and tea above, let’s swing the opposite direction on the healthy-food spectrum, shall we? It’s not even February yet, but my desire to eat a million of these sweet-but-chalky-yet-somehow-still-delicious little hearts is STRONG. I’m filing them away under candies that don’t normally call to me but somehow become the BEST THING EVER when I’m pregnant, along with jelly beans, Jolly Ranchers and Tootsie Roll Pops.

  • Around the Web

Food: Instant Pot Mac and Cheese (this recipe is calling to my carb-loving heart) / 20 Healthy Meal Prep Egg Bake Recipes / Gluten-Free Lasagna Soup / Apple Cinnamon Oat Muffins

Fitness: Treadmill Run-Walk-Jog Workout / Total Body Circuit

Weekend Sales: Nike sale on RueLaLa (Lots of great deals on shoes and apparel) / TOMS sale on Zulily (The Avalon Slip-On Sneaker is my personal fav and I take major advantage of TOMS sales on Zulily for Chase’s shoes in the next size up!) 

  • Friday Flashbacks

Healthy Breakfast Sweet Potatoes (These breakfast potatoes are packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and fiber and are a warm and delicious side dish you can feel good about eating.)

Healthy Breakfast Sweet Potatoes

No Gym Workout (This workout includes only bodyweight exercises, so save it for a day when you want to sneak in a workout at home or when you’re traveling since it can easily be done in a hotel room, too!)

No Gym Workout

Question of the Day

What is one thing making you smile this week?

The post Things I’m Loving Friday #220 appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment