Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Week of Weeknight Meals: October 2021

We’re a few days into November but I’m backing it up to last week today to share what a week of weeknight dinners looked like in our house in October. Today’s post is part of my Week of Weeknight Meals series which I began on the blog as a way to give you a real-life glimpse into our weeknight dinners for one week of every month. All pictures are snapped in real time and no fancy schmancy food styling is allowed!

Last week’s meals included two vegetarian meals, my favorite salmon, a bowl of comforting butternut squash-based soup, an Instant Pot fail (oops!) and some super easy throw-together eats. Hopefully one of the below meals pops out at you if you’re looking for some dinner inspiration to add t o your weekly meal plan!

Week of Weeknight Meals: October 2021

Monday: Baked Rotini

(I forgot to snap a pic on my phone other than the one I shared directly on Instagram Stories so that’s where this one was from!) 

I wasn’t sure what to made for dinner on Monday night since we were low on groceries so I used some pantry staples to make a batch of baked rotini. First, I cooked up a box of rotini on the stovetop and then added jarred marinara, shredded cheese and Italian seasonings to the mix. I then poured the pasta into a baking dish, topped it with additional shredded cheese and baked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until the cheese melted. After topping it with a bit of fresh parsley, we were good to go!

Tuesday: Butternut Squash Green Chili Chicken Soup (via Ambitious Kitchen)

This recipe was a delicious find. I love butternut squash-based soups, especially this time of year, and this recipe did not disappoint. I ended up making it in the Instant Pot and after sautéing onion, garlic and zucchini (the zucchini was my addition), I added all of the remaining ingredients and pressure cooked it on high for 15 minutes. The only other change I made was to use frozen cubed butternut squash in place of fresh to make things a little easier. I also mashed it up a bit with my spoon once it was done cooking because I prefer a thicker broth and loved the was the butternut squash almost dissolved into the broth giving it a velvety texture. The end result was a flavorful batch of soup that was perfect for a chilly fall night!

Wednesday: Maple Ginger Salmon with Ginger Sesame Broccoli and Brown Rice Mixed with a Daily Harvest Cremini + Miso Oat Bowl

This meal was one of my favorites of the week! It was so flavorful and every aspect of this meal just worked together in a wonderful way. I paired baked maple ginger salmon (I prepped it using my maple ginger salmon marinade) with ginger sesame broccoli (aka my favorite way to prepare broccoli of all time) and a rather random grain-based side dish. For our second side, I stirred a Daily Harvest Cremini + Miso Oat Bowl into some fluffy brown rice I prepared in chicken broth and fluffed up in a bit of butter. The miso flavor from the oat bowl was amazing and I added a bit of frozen peas to the grains before serving them with our salmon and broccoli. I was just bummed there were no leftovers after this meal for me to enjoy for lunch the next day!

Thursday: Instant Pot Ranch Chicken (via Berley’s Kitchen) with Brown Rice and Sautéed Zucchini

This meal was not my favorite of the week but I cannot fault the Instant Pot ranch chicken recipe because I veered from it quite a bit. I already had a bunch of cooked rice on hand that I made earlier in the week so I omitted the rice from the recipe and I think that’s where I went wrong. I tried to adjust the amount of liquid accordingly but ended up with some seriously soupy ranch chicken. It wasn’t the best and I definitely wouldn’t recommend modifying the recipe like I did if you try it. On the side we had brown rice and zucchini sautéed in butter and garlic salt. At least the sides were decent!

Friday: Simply Nature Lentil Soup with Grilled Cheese

The boys were craving grilled cheese last Friday night and that sounded good to me, too, so I made a bunch of grilled cheeses for the family and served them with a side of ALDI’s Simply Nature organic lentil soup. (I added peas to the soup but that was the only way I altered it.) I think this meal wins top prize for the easiest meal of the week!

Question of the Day

What was the best thing you ate for dinner last week? 

The post Week of Weeknight Meals: October 2021 appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment