Wednesday, October 20, 2021

My Simple Skincare Routine

Now that I’m in my mid-30s, I feel like I’ve tried a lot of different skincare routines. I’ve toyed around with fancy products, drugstore finds, natural skincare products… you name it. For the past few years, I’ve found myself circling back to my tried-and-true favorites. There are only a few products I find myself reaching for on a daily basis and most of them are no-frills finds that I trust and love and look forward to applying to my face in the morning and evening.

natural clean skincare favorites

I’ve paired my skincare routine down to the following:

  • Cleanser
  • Toner
  • Vitamin C Serum
  • Rosehip Seed Oil
  • Sunscreen 

It’s a five-step routine I genuinely enjoy going through most days. Below you will find the products I swear by as well as when and how I use them in my day-to-day life. Also worth noting is the fact that I am still breastfeeding so I have not explored any of the less natural skincare options out there that many swear by for anti-aging (like retinol), though it’s on my radar to possibly look into in the future.

Also, please note that this post only touches on my skincare routine. If you’re interested in my makeup favorites please see this post: Recent Beauty Favorites.

My Simple Skincare Routine

I’ve been using Amara Beauty Vitamin C Cleanser for 4+ years and began using it when an esthetician encouraged me to use a cleanser containing vitamin-C. Amara Organics Vitamin C Facial Cleanser was the cleanser I found after looking for a product that was free of many common harsh ingredients that also contained vitamin C and I feel like it’s very gentle while still cleansing my skin of makeup, dirt and all that jazz.

I also love NOW Solutions Clarify + Illuminate Rejuvenating Cleanser and consider this one my best effort at selecting a more natural anti-aging cleanser. It uses a clinically-tested, concentrated brown algae extract that, when tested at a 1-2% concentration for four weeks, is shown to help the skin appear more youthful. It also contains marine collagen for its hydration properties, allantoin and manuka honey to help calm and renew the skin while retaining moisture, and extra virgin olive oil to nourish skin and replenish its natural oils. I love the way it makes my skin feel clean without making it feel stripped of all of its natural oils and moisture and have been consistently using this cleanser for more than two years.

Note: I buy the NOW Solutions cleanser through their website — it’s cheaper there! — when I order my rosehip seed oil and other natural food and beauty favorites. You may use my code PBFINGERS for 20% off anything on their site. I do not make a commission off of this code but I do have an ongoing Instagram partnership with NOW Foods.

When I Use It: In the shower and in the evening before bed. (I keep the Amara Beauty cleanser in the shower and the NOW Solutions cleanser by my sink so I use both every day.)

How I Use It: I wash my face in the shower using a soft electronic cleansing brush. (I have a Clarisonic which is now discontinued but very similar to this one.) When I wash my face before bed, I simply use my fingers to massage the cleanser around my face before rinsing and drying my face with a soft towel.

Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner is a fan favorite and always has the best reviews — thousands of them! It’s so incredibly refreshing and I love that it contains aloe vera which is naturally moisturizing so the toner doesn’t make my face feel tight or dry. It’s also a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B and Vitamin A – great for natural skin brightening and anti-aging. I also find it to be slightly cooling which I appreciate during the warmer months of the year.

Note: For any fellow Thrive Market customers, I order this toner through Thrive because it’s typically 25% cheaper on their website!

When I Use It: Every morning and evening immediately after cleansing.

How I Use It: I apply it to a soft cotton pad and use it on my face and neck every morning right when I wake up, immediately when I get out of the shower and then again after washing my face at night.

I’ve developed age spots in my 30s and Hyper Clear Brightening Dark Spot Vitamin C Serum is the only stuff that has worked FAST to noticeably lighten them. It’s packed with 15 percent vitamin C and vitamin E to help brighten skin, smooth fine lines and rough texture, and dramatically clear dark spots from hyperpigmentation. IT WORKS and is now an integral part of my skincare regimen.

I also use and love Sunday Riley CEO Vitamin C Brightening Serum and truly believe is has helped make my skin look more even and a little brighter. This stuff is crazy expensive so I use the Hyper Clear serum more often but still use the Sunday Riley serum a couple of times a week.

When I Use It: In the evening immediately after washing my face and applying toner.

How I Use It: I use my fingers to gently apply it all over my face once I’ve dried it off after cleansing.

 

Rosehip Seed Oil is my skincare holy grail! Back in 2016, I wrote a blog post all about the benefits of rosehip seed oil and I’m only more passionate about this product five years later. It’s a natural beauty rock star, praised by many for a myriad of reasons, namely its ability to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, correct dark spots and hydrate the skin in a natural way. I honestly crave applying rosehip seed oil to my skin and looove the way it feels on my freshly cleansed face at the end of the day. It’s inexpensive, especially when compared to a lot of other anti-aging serums out there, many of which primarily rely on rosehip seed oil as their main ingredient.

When I Use It: Every morning and evening.

How I Use It: In the morning, I do not wash my face, but I apply this immediately after I apply toner after I wake up. In the evening (or after I shower), I apply this after washing my face and applying toner and vitamin C serum.

  • Product: Sunscreen

 

I once read somewhere that if you don’t use sunscreen on your face everyday, you might as well throw all of your other skincare products in the trash. Sunscreen is king and so, so important. It’s something I apply to my face every morning, though the kind of sunscreen I reach for varies a bit. Here’s a brief rundown of my favorites:

  • Biossance Sheer Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30: When I’m looking for a completely clear super clean sunscreen to apply to my face that won’t clog my pores and doesn’t feel thick and sticky, Biossance Sheer Mineral Sunscreen is a go-to. It’s EWG-certified (so, basically, the cleanest of the clean) and is Ryan’s favorite sunscreen for his face, too.
  • Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40I adore this sunscreen so much and reach for it constantly because I genuinely love the way it feels on my face. It also has a subtle tint that brightens my skin in a way I haven’t found with other sunscreens. This one is a summertime staple for me!
  • ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40: This skin tint serum provides the perfect base for days when I want a natural look but don’t want to be totally bare-faced. It offers a bit of coverage in a way that allows my skin to breathe without looking like I’m wearing a ton of makeup.
  • MyChelle Sun Shield Liquid Tint SPF 50: When I want a tinted SPR without the dewy look, this liquid tint is what I reach for because it has a gorgeous matte finish. It’s a clean beauty find that I think looks lovely layered under makeup or applied to my face for lightweight coverage. Note: Thrive Market fans, it’s another beauty find you can nab for less on their site

When I Use It: In the morning and, if I shower in the middle of the day, again after showering.

How I Use It: Sunscreen is the last step of my skincare routine. I apply it after rosehip seed oil but before any makeup I might want to wear that day.

Shop This Post

 

Questions of the Day

What does your skincare routine look like? Any product staples you absolute swear by that we should know about? 

The post My Simple Skincare Routine appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment