Monday, May 4, 2020

Another At Home Weekend + Sunday on the Lake

Hey friends! How are you doing? How was your weekend? It was another weekend spent social distancing over here and we made the best of it but man oh man I am starting to really miss getting out and about and seeing our friends and family. Is it just me or does it seem like people are getting more and more lax with social distancing? I have such mixed feelings about this… To be honest, there’s a lot of envy from me over those who are seeing family or friends (and I know many are doing this safely) but there is also an underlying layer of concern. One thing is for sure: I’m definitely feeling the itch to see our people, too!

Our family’s plans are to follow our governor’s orders and right now that means sticking to the stay at home order, currently in effect through May 8. After that, there’s a plan in place to open things back up in stages. What do things look like in your area?

Saturday

Like the past month and a half, we spent this weekend at home as a family. We kicked things off on Saturday with some coloring and crafts at home before venturing out on a walk with Sadie while the boys drove in their Power Wheels Jeep.

(Look at those little smirks! And kindly disregard the overgrown, un-brushed hair. I’m not about to attempt cutting the boys’ hair and my desire to spend time styling their hair these days has gone out the window along with my desire to do my own hair. Messy buns for liiiife.)

Our destination was a local marina about a half mile away where the boys love to look for fish, turtles and ducks.

Lots of races in the grass also took place, as usual.

We coerced everyone home with the promise of a stop by a local bakery for curbside pickup of some sweet treats. Bakery 28 is new to the area and after loving the goodies we got from this local spot for my birthday on Monday, we were all excited for more macarons on Saturday.

Once we made it back home, Ryder was ready for an early nap and I think his pre-6:30 a.m. wake-up was to blame. While Ryan fed Ryder lunch and put him down for a nap, I fixed Chase a picnic lunch to enjoy in the stroller while we took Sadie on a three-mile walk around the neighborhood. The 70 degree temperatures and sunshine were calling to me and Chase was all too excited when he saw me putting his lunch together in his “school lunchbox.”

It’s weird things like Chase missing his preschool lunchbox that hit me in the feels right now. Though I expected it, learning that school and all summer camps through July that usually take place at Chase’s preschool have been canceled in our area still stings a bit.

Once we made it back home from our walk, Ryan, Chase and Sadie headed out on the boat and the initial plan was for me to meet them at the dock with Ryder once he was up from his nap. Well, wouldn’t you know, Ryder selected Saturday as the day to nap for more than three hours (something he hasn’t done in months!) so I ended up home bound with our littlest dude. It honestly worked out just fine because I was able to crush some work that I figured I’d have to do after the boys went to bed on Saturday and Sunday nights. A surprise work window was amazing for my productivity and I worked away until Ryder woke up and we had some one-on-one time to play together before the rest of our gang arrived home.

We spent the rest of our evening in the backyard, grilling burgers and chicken sausage while the boys ran around in pajamas (Chase) and mostly naked (Ryder).

Ryder’s look can be attributed to a dirty diaper that went up the back of his sweatshirt while he was riding his Plasma Car inside. I wasn’t about to put him in new clothes so close to bath time, so rain boots (his choice) and a diaper worked juuust fine.

Ryan and I high-fived ourselves when we managed to have both boys in bed by 7:30 and we headed back downstairs to watch Pitch Perfect together. Our love for a cappella music is strong and it’s one of our favorites!

Sunday

I was up around 5:15 a.m. on Sunday for no reason other than the fact that my brain wouldn’t turn off. I decided to go with the flow and eased into the day with coffee and my devotional before heading into the garage for a quick 30-minute workout before the boys were up.

I recently took advantage of the free 90-day trial of the Peloton app and selected a 30 minute upper body strength workout with Robin and loved it!! Her energy was awesome and the workout was fast-paced and exactly what I was looking for on Sunday morning. By the time I was done, both boys were making noise in their rooms so Ryan and I got them up and then Ryan had the idea to do a “special stroller pajama breakfast” walk… aka his way of trying to coerce the boys to actually stay in the stroller while we took Sadie on a walk around the neighborhood.

His plan worked and we managed to cover 3 miles without the boys asking to get out of the stroller which is no small feat these days since Ryder is on a bit of a stroller boycott at the moment. (Most of our daily walks take place with him in the convertible push-trike or Power Wheels Jeep or even scooting along on Chase’s scooter.)

We spent the rest of the morning digging into breakfast 2.0 (banana bread protein pancakes!) and gathering up everything we needed for a day on the lake! We made it out on the water early enough that it was still a bit chilly so we took our time heading up the lake and found a little beach about 45 minutes north where we dropped anchor.

Since we packed plenty of food, water, towels and sunscreen, we made the most of our Sunday on the water and hung out for a few hours. It was so, so nice to take some time to relax and enjoy the sun even if the water was waaay too cold for this former Florida girl to swim.

Ryder was in my camp and avoided the frigid water but Sadie went all in and Ryan and Chase even braved the water and splashed around a bit.

julie ryder 22 weeks pregnant 22 months old

(My 22 week bump + My 22 month old baby)

We puttered home in the middle of the afternoon and commented that it almost felt like a holiday weekend on Lake Norman because there were so many boats out on the water. Clearly 80-degree temperatures and social distancing make for a perfect storm for boating.

Ryder ended up falling asleep in my lap on our way home and since he woke up happy and energetic we figured he would fight us big-time if we tried to make him take another nap on Sunday so we just rolled with it and ended up enjoying some snacks and stories in our screened-in porch before transitioning to the front yard where we set up the mini sprinkler splash pad for the boys which occupied them until dinner time.

We rounded out our weekend with family movie night, take out pizza and fresh strawberries and ice cream. Yum! Ryan and I also managed to get the boys into bed at a decent time again and we both worked for about an hour on our computers before calling it a night and climbing into bed to hang out and read. After a couple of duds, I think I finally found a winner with my latest novel. I recently started reading The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane and am enjoying it so far. I loved The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by the same author and have high hopes this book will continue to be a winner.

Now I’m off to get this Monday rolling. I hope you all have a good Monday and a wonderful week!

The post Another At Home Weekend + Sunday on the Lake appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment