Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Week of Workouts: March 2020

For the March 2020 edition of my Week of Workouts series it was a week of at home workouts! I think most of you are in a similar boat right now and attempting to squeeze in some exercise at home while we’re social distancing so hopefully today’s post will give you some ideas for workouts you might want to try at home in the coming weeks.

I know I struggle more with finding motivation to work out at home than I do in the gym or a group exercise environment (being around other people working up a sweat is so helpful for me), but I’m also enjoying doing whatever I want to do right now and really listening to my body.

I’ve found that sticking to workouts that are 30 minutes or less (with the exception of the occasional 45 minute Burn Boot Camp online workout) works well for me and helps get the endorphins flowing without feeling like a chore. I’ve been focusing mostly on strength workouts since we have a decent set up in our garage and count daily walks with the boys and Sadie as my cardio.

WEEK OF WORKOUTS: FEBRUARY 2020

  • MONDAY: Back + Biceps Strength Workout

Two weeks ago, I downloaded the Tone It Up app when they were offering a free 30-day trial (I believe it’s always free for a one-week trial if you’re interested) and have been really impressed with the videos and workouts offered in the app and the way it’s all laid out in such an easy-to-navigate way. There are various programs in the app and workouts are also organized by muscle group 0r workout preference making it easy to find a workout that works for you.

For Monday’s workout, I did a back and biceps workout from the Tone It Up Strength program. It was a superset workout and I altered it quite a bit based on the equipment I had on hand and also added an extra superset. The above graphic is my version of the workout, as it varied from the one in the app.

  • TUESDAY: Leg Day Triple Set Workout

Leg day is always the hardest day for me to motivate myself to complete in the gym but I’ve found that incorporating exercises I love like deadlifts helps a lot! While you’ll never hear me say I adore lunges, deadlifts are a different story and Tuesday’s triple set workout incorporated a bunch of them in the form of traditional deadlifts and single leg deadlifts.

  • WEDNESDAY: Rest

No workout on Wednesday! I wasn’t feeling it and needed to use every minute of my morning time before the boys were awake to get work done.

  • THURSDAY: Burn Boot Camp Upper Body Workout (Video)

On Thursday I needed my morning time to do work and did my best to knock out a workout while both boys were awake. Working out when Chase and Ryder are around is always… interesting. Whenever both boys are awake and I try to get in a work out, I go into the workout knowing it’s not going to be an amazing sweat session. My focus is more about moving my body than killing it since there are admittedly a lot of little breaks sprinkled in as the boys need me.

Thursday’s workout looked like a Burn Boot Camp workout. They’ve been doing an incredible job sharing new daily workout videos with members and I tuned into a live one (a day late!) from founders Devan and Morgan and completed an upper body workout. It doesn’t appear like the video is public so I cannot share it here but if you’re looking for a similar workout you can do at home, here’s an Upper Body Dropset Workout I’ve shared in the past you might want to try!

Friday’s workout was another one I did while the boys were awake. They played in the yard while I set up a mat and grabbed a mini loop resistance band and took myself through this Mini Band Booty Workout. Man oh man I almost forgot how much that one burns!!! I followed it up with some bodyweight lower body exercises (squats and various lunges) and called it a day.

  • SATURDAY: Rest

Saturday was another rest day!

On Sunday morning I completed my first Sunday workout in years. YEARS! I suppose social distancing and being home 24/7 has a way of changing up routines, huh? On Sunday morning, I completed a 17-minute shoulder workout I found on YouTube from Fitness Blender and followed it up with my favorite 10-minute Bikini Arms Workout from Tone It Up which is also free on YouTube!

The post Week of Workouts: March 2020 appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment