Friday, April 3, 2020

Things I’m Loving Friday #320

Hey friends! How are you doing today? How was your week? Ryan and I were chatting yesterday about how the days are going by oddly fast right now and we’re wondering if that simply has to do with the fact that all of our days are blurring together. It IS Friday, right?

It was a rollercoaster over here this week like I’m sure it was for many of you but I’m glad the weekend is upon us. In an effort to keep things normal in this space, I wanted to share my weekly roundup of favorites with you guys. Below are a few things that are making me smile right now and, as always, I’d love to hear a little bit about something that made you smile this week as well.

I hope you’re all staying safe and healthy. Sending you best wishes for a good weekend ahead!

Things I’m Loving Friday

  • Spring in North Carolina

On a Zoom call with some friends earlier this week, we were talking about all of the emotions swirling through us regarding COVID-19 right now. It’s impossible not to get overwhelmed, scared, sad and feel helpless during this time, despite doing our best to follow instructions to shelter in place, donate to organizations doing incredible work (I’ve found CharityNavigator.Org to be a great place to start if you’re looking for highly-rated, reputable causes to support), help within our communities and stay on top of the latest developments. How are you guys hanging in there?

One thing that is really helping me take both a mental and physical breath of fresh air is spending time outside. The ability to get outside during one of the most gorgeous times of year in Charlotte feels like a big blessing through all of this and I am treasuring it so much. Feeling the sun on my face, watching the boys run through the soft grass and seeing Sadie stop to smell just about everything helps me appreciate nature in a way I haven’t in a long time. I’ve always enjoyed the outdoors but this is a new, deeper feeling I don’t think will ever subside once this pandemic is behind us. Thank goodness for sunshine!

  • Leg Day Workout

After several back-to-back days where I skipped any kind of workout earlier this week, it felt good to carve out a little bit of “me time” for myself in the morning on Thursday. I headed into the garage and completed this leg workout before the boys were up for the day. I typically limit the number of sets I do in a strength workout to three but used slightly lighter weights and went through four rounds of some of the exercise and liked the change of pace. And my mini band booty workout always lights my glutes on fire so that was a great finisher for me!

A couple of weeks ago, I majorly lucked out at a neighbor’s garage sale and nabbed The Healing Kitchen cookbook. It’s packed with nutrient-dense recipes and I’m having fun making my way through everything from the garlic dill parsnip fries and mojo pulled chicken to the chewy trail mix granola and coconut milk fudge pops. I also really appreciate the fact that the recipes are EASY because, as someone who has purchased her fair share of “easy” recipe cookbooks, that often is not the case. This one really is packed with simple, healthy dishes and I’m loving it! Also, the author has a blog that seems to be packed with similar delicious recipes if you want to check it out at Grazed & Enthused.

Is anyone else baking up a storm now that so many of us are home 24/7? I love baking as it is but something about whipping up a little treat for our family always brings me joy and I think the boys and Ryan love it, too! Last week Chase, Ryder and I made these almond flour chocolate chip cookies and we couldn’t resist making them again when we had another rainy day on Tuesday. My friend Anna texted me about them a while back and her recommendation was a slam dunk. I love how easy they are to make and the simple ingredient list is a great perk. Another bonus: You combine everything in one big bowl so the clean up is minimal.

  • Friday Flashbacks

Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Quinoa (A warm and comforting breakfast perfect for slow mornings at home.)

Apple Cinnamon Quinoa

Do Anywhere Workout (A decreasing reps bodyweight workout you can do in your driveway or living room.)

Do Anywhere Workout

Question of the Day

What is one thing that made you smile this week?

The post Things I’m Loving Friday #320 appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment