Friday, March 13, 2020

Things I’m Loving Friday #318

Friday is here! But WOW, what a week. How are you guys doing? How are you handling the COVID-19 outbreak? Everyone in Charlotte is on high alert and we’re doing our best in our house to wash, wash, wash our hands and stay on top of developments in our area. So far school has not been canceled and we’re still considered “low risk” but I am doing my best to take things seriously without switching into panic mode. I feel deeply for those who will be suffering the most from this virus — not only through their health and mental health but also through their finances, businesses, etc. It’s so much to handle and I hope and pray we can all be proactive and show each other care, love and compassion right now. And I hope all of you and your loved ones are doing okay!

Since I’m doing my best to not let freak-out mode take over, I figured focusing on some small things in my life that brought me joy this week would be a good idea this morning. My Things I’m Loving Friday weekly roundup of favorites may be found below. I hope you all have a good weekend and stay safe and healthy.

Things I’m Loving Friday 

  • Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes

Earlier this week, we had breakfast for dinner and for once it wasn’t pancakes! I made our family scrambled eggs and paired them with my first attempt at air fryer breakfast potatoes. I followed Fit Slow Cooker Queen’s recipe and used our Ninja Foodi air fryer and they were fantastic! The only change I made to the recipe was to use a combination of sweet potatoes and gold potatoes and our whole family thought they were great. I want to make them with onions in the mix next time since breakfast potatoes and onions go hand in hand for me. Yum!

  • Love is Blind on Netflix

love is blind netflix

I, along with the rest of the United States, recently fell in love with Love is Blind on Netflix. My friend Jess recommended it to me since we both like The Bachelor and as someone who clearly enjoys a sappy love story and a reality TV love story, this show has been right up my alley! I’m about halfway through the first season and am already a little too invested in the couples’ love stories. (I love Lauren and Cameron!)

Just in case you’re unfamiliar with the show, the contestants begin by dating each other through pods that keep them separated so they’re unable to see each other as they build a relationship. If a connection is established and a couple becomes engaged, they then meet face-to-face for the first time and the show progresses as the couples are whisked away to Mexico and then move in together, meet each other’s parents, etc. It’s reality TV gold, I’m telling you!

  • Upper Body Tabata Workout 

Upper Body Tabata Workout

What do you get when you combine an upper body workout with a tabata-style workout? My favorite kind of workout on the planet! I love tabata workouts because they’re so fast paced and I feel like I can really challenge myself because I know a break is on the horizon. And you guys already know upper body days are forever and always my favorite days! On Tuesday, Burn Boot Camp merged the two and I was in heaven. Though it wasn’t a traditional tabata workout (20 seconds on + 10 seconds off for 8 rounds), it still had a similar feel and I left camp that day with Jello arms. I knew I wanted to share this workout with you guys in today’s post because it was one of my all-time favorite BBC workouts and I also wanted to be able to reference it for myself to complete at the gym in the future. If you’re an upper body strength training + tabata workout lover, I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did!

There’s nothing like following up a bullet point about a great workout with a great cookie recipe, right!? Last weekend, the boys and I made these chocolate cookies from my go-to cookie cookbook, Martha Stewart’s Cookies, because we wanted to send a little something sweet to a loved one in a care package. (I also found the recipe on Martha Stewart’s website if you don’t have the cookbook.) Well, they ended up being so delicious that we made a second batch for our family earlier this week! Though I’m a chocolate lover through and through, I am not super into chocolate cookies, however, this particular recipe is a big-time exception. The cocoa powder in this recipe doesn’t completely dominate the cookie and I’d say they’re more of a milk chocolate cookie because they really allow the buttery flavor to shine through.

  • Around the Internet

Food: Instant Pot Lentil SoupCoconut Quinoa / Roasted Vegetable Maple Pecan Salad

Fitness: 20 Minute Full-Body HIIT Workout / Lower Body Dumbbell Workout

Weekend Sales: 40% off all swimwear at Aerie (I had the best luck with their swimsuits last summer) / I just ordered this $22 front-button tank dress and think it will be a great piece for spring paired with sneakers or sandals and a lightweight slouchy sweater + I also see myself wearing it as a summertime cover-up + I think it will be cute to transition into fall with a denim shirt tied around my waist — lots of visions for this one! /   Nordstrom New Markdowns: Madewell Whisper Cotton Tank (I have this in 3 colors! My absolute favorite for summertime + layering!) / Anthropologie Candle (great Mother’s Day gift for anyone shopping ahead) / Charles Henry Off the Shoulder Dress (love the flirty ruffle)

  • Friday Flashbacks

Lemon Sugar Cookie Icebox Cake (An easy, bright and delicious dessert, perfect for the arrival of spring!)

Legs + Abs + Arms Boot Camp (A 32-minute workout I created for a boot camp class I taught a while back.)

Question of the Day

What is one thing making you smile this week?

The post Things I’m Loving Friday #318 appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment