Thursday, March 5, 2020

Grocery Haul #1

I’m continuing to chip away at my giant list of blog reader post requests today! In case you missed some of my other reader request posts earlier this year, here is a roundup of the topics I’ve addressed on the blog so far:

Today I’m coming at you with my first grocery haul post! I had a few of you ask me to share a glimpse into what I buy at the grocery store and for my first haul, I’m sharing a peek into what I bought during a trip to ALDI on Tuesday. I went equipped with a list so I didn’t end up adding a bunch of superfluous things to my cart and I and left with a decent amount of food for the week ahead. My bill was just under $100 and the majority of the items purchased were organic. ALDI for the win!! (Also worth noting: I have worked with ALDI in the past and continue to collaborate with them through social media and my blog but this blog post is not sponsored.)

ALDI Grocery Haul

Despite my best efforts to only grocery shop one time a week, I fully admit that lately I’ve found myself frequently grocery shopping about two times a week, so I am planning to hit the grocery store again within the next two days to replenish some things we already had on hand during my Tuesday shopping trip that we now need (bread, yogurt, whole milk, sweet potatoes, peanut butter, tortillas, etc.). Also, going into this trip, our pantry and freezer were both pretty well stocked with beans, nuts, grains, coconut milk, crackers, spices, oils, frozen veggies and some shrimp and chicken so this trip was definitely on the lighter side.

Before diving into my first grocery haul post, I have a few ideas concerning where I see these grocery haul posts going in the future if you guys like them, so please let me know if they’re of interest. Here are some things I’d like to include in the future if grocery haul posts prove to be something that you guys want to see more of on PBF:

  • A breakdown of our dinner meal plan for the week so you can see what we’ll be making with the food we buy
  • Breakfast and lunch plans for the week that will incorporate food from our grocery hauls
  • Overall cost breakdown
  • Two grocery hauls in one post if our week includes two grocery trips to provide a better overview of what one week of food shopping looks like for our family

Below you will find a summary of everything I purchased during Tuesday’s grocery shopping adventure!

Grocery Haul #1

Produce

FRUIT

  • Organic Apples
  • Organic Bananas (2 bunches)
  • Organic Navel Oranges
  • Organic Raspberries (2 half-pints)

VEGETABLES

  • Organic Baby Carrots (3 bags — these are the BEST for little ones because they’re much more thinly sliced than other baby carrots)
  • Organic Spinach (3 cartons — a staple in our smoothies)
  • Organic Frozen Broccoli
  • Organic Frozen Butternut Squash
  • Sweet Onions
  • Cole Slaw Mix (2 bags)

PASTA/GRAINS

  • Simple Nature Organic Linguine
  • Simply Nature Organic Shells & White Cheddar Mac & Cheese (2 boxes — the boys’ favorite!)
  • Simply Nature 90-Second Organic Seven Grains (love these for easy lunchtime grain bowls)
  • Simply Nature 90-Second Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice

PROTEIN

  • Simply Nature Organic Cage-Free Eggs
  • Earth Grown Vegan Protein Veggie Burgers (this was an impulse buy and I haven’t tried them yet)

MILK  / CHEESE

  • Friendly Farms Organic Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (3 half-gallons — we go through a ton of almond milk in our house)
  • Simply Nature Organic Colby Jack Cheese Slices
  • Simply Nature Organic Shredded Mexican Cheese

EXTRAS

  • La Croix Hibiscus Sparkling Water (a new-to-me flavor and it’s so good!)
  • Benton’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Thins (Can you tell I broke into these in the car?)
  • Simply Nature Organic Garlic Hummus
  • Little Journey Organic Baby Food Pouches (18 of them! Clearly I was on a mission to replenish my stash and this is where I spent the bulk of my money on Tuesday.)

Questions of the Day

  • How many times do you shop for groceries during the week?
  • Do you grocery shop with some kind of a meal plan in mind for the week ahead? 

The post Grocery Haul #1 appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment