Friday, May 11, 2018

Things I’m Loving Friday #235

It’s Friiiday and it’s also Date Night in our house! WOOP!

julie ryan fagan

I am really looking forward to this evening because our hot date is part of my birthday present from Ryan. He planned a special dinner for the two of us followed by a night of improv comedy and I cannot wait! We have a babysitter lined up and I’m ready for some one-on-one time with my husband. I know date nights will be a little more challenging for us to sneak in after our little one arrives next month, so we’re trying to take full advantage of some couple time whenever possible right now. And maybe we’ll finally get around to narrowing down some ideas for baby names? We are still coming up blank on names for a baby boy or a girl (other than “Thomas the Train” – thank you, Chase) so hopefully something will call to us soon!

As far as other plans for the weekend, we don’t have too much on the agenda. Mother’s Day is Sunday and the only thing I really want to do is spend time with my family which shouldn’t be too hard since we don’t have too much on the agenda. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Now onto your usual Things I’m Loving Friday shenanigans!!

Things I’m Loving Friday

  • Preschool Mother’s Day Surprises

 Mother's Day Preschool Crafts

Just when I thought I couldn’t love Chase’s preschool any more, they outdo themselves! When I picked him up on Wednesday, I was greeted with the sweetest assortment of Mother’s Day surprises including a flower that Chase planted, a potholder featuring his handprint and a card with a handful of questions he answered about me. It was all adorable but my favorite part was definitely the card because his answers cracked me up. I think it’s clear I hype carrots up a lot in our house since he thinks they’re my favorite food and if he wants to confuse me for a 20-year-old, I’ll take it!

the family next door sally hepworth

If you’ve read and loved any of Liane Moriarty’s novels in the past (Big Little Lies, The Husband’s Secret, etc.), I think The Family Next Door should be the next book on your must read list! While I would categorize the book as a “beach read” at its finest – gossipy but thoroughly entertaining – and it hooked me right away. The Family Next Door takes place in a picture-perfect small town and dives into the lives of neighboring families who all, on the outside, seem perfect but each harbor their own secrets. When a new woman moves into the neighborhood who doesn’t fit the family-friendly mold – she’s single, renting her home and has a seemingly mysterious job – curiosity is piqued and it becomes increasingly clear that there is a very specific reason she chose to live in this idyllic neighborhood. 

  • Limeade

 Homemade Limeade with a Toddler

Homemade Limeade

With temperatures in the low 80s yesterday, I found myself craving something cold, sweet and refreshing to drink when Chase and I arrived home from the park. I ended up making a glass of limeade that was so ridiculously delicious. I’ve been all about citrus everything during this pregnancy so far so I probably shouldn’t have been surprised by how much this simple drink knocked my socks off but it was amazing!

I didn’t follow a recipe but simply combined fresh lime juice (I use this citrus juicer which makes it so simple to get lots of juice) with cold water, ice and a bit of sugar. I want to make it again soon with fresh mint added into the mix.

  • Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers

 Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers

These crackers are a relatively new staple in our house! Chase loves them and I am a huge fan of the clean ingredient list. I’ve been using them to create mini snack plates with crackers, cheese and veggie or fruit slices and they’re always a hit.

  • Comfy Activewear Shorts That Don’t Dig Into My Sides

 Comfy Workout Shorts That Don't Dig Into Your Sides

I’ve been on the struggle bus with pants of any kind this pregnancy (with the exception of lululemon’s align leggings and Fabletics’ high-waisted capris) so I am beyond thrilled for warmer weather that allows me to wear shorts, dresses and skirts. Bring on the comfort… and the excessive sweating! (Pros and cons, right!?)

I am so happy that a handful of my pre-pregnancy shorts are working well this far along in my third trimester and sit comfortably under my belly and don’t give me some serious love handles. My current favs: Nike Crew Shorts / New Balance Impact 3 Shorts / lululemon Tracker Shorts / lululemon Speed Up Shorts (I like the 4’’ version for some added length) Hooray for shorts that don’t dig into my sides!

 POPSUGAR Must Have Box Summer 2018

My friends over at POPSUGAR recently sent their latest POPSUGAR Must Have Box my way and it was such a fun package to open! The Summer 2018 box is practically overflowing with goodies and I’ve already found some big-time favorites. The Eberjay wrap robe is made of the softest jersey knit and the lightweight material is perfect for spring. I’ve been throwing it on over my pajamas in the morning before and love the luxurious feel! One of the more innovative products in the box is the Sphynx portable razor which includes a water spray bottle, shea butter shave bar and two razor blades. It’s perfect for a post-workout shave or for throwing into your duffle bag whenever you travel. (I’m planning to throw mine into my hospital bag when baby #2 arrives!) If you’d like to receive your own POPSUGAR Must Have Box, the code PBF5 will save you $5 off your first box! Thank you for the fun delivery, POPSUGAR!

  • Mother’s Day Weekend Sales

Here’s a super short roundup of some Mother’s Day weekend sales that caught my eye:

Old Navy: Up to 50% off

American Eagle: 25-40% off all shorts (including my favorite TOMGIRL midi shorts – distressed denim shorts with a bit of a longer length that I love! You can see me wearing them here.)

LOFT: 30% off everything, plus an additional 10% off with code LOVEMOM

Anthropologie: 20% off everything

GAP: Up to 50% off everything plus an additional 20% off online with code YOUMAY (Time to get another pair of my beloved lightweight joggers!)

ASOS: Up to 50% off summer vacation staples (Trying not to buy these shorts since I know they won’t work with my belly but I LOVE them.)

  • Potty Training Q&As: Submit YOUR Questions! 

potty training

As you know if you’ve stopped by the blog over the course of the past two weeks, we’re in the middle of potty training right now! When I shared a little bit of insight into our experience so far, Colleen, a behavior therapist,  left a comment on my blog offering to answer any specific questions about potty training little ones. Her comment immediately piqued my interest and I reached out to her to see if she’d be willing to do a big potty training Q&A session featuring some of my questions and some questions from YOU!

I know potty training is a hot topic and something a bunch of us are going through right now or plan to go through with our children in the future so if you have any questions you’d like me to pass along for an expert to answer, please leave them in the comments section of this post!

Here’s a little background about Colleen: “I have my M.A. in Marriage & Family Therapy and a post-master’s certificate in Behavioral Intervention in Autism. My educational training emphasizes the use of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)  and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) when working with children. I currently work part-time as a child/adolescent therapist. I previously worked as a behavior consultant and co-facilitated intensive potty training clinics for children with special needs. We used the basic principles of ABA while potty training, but all methods used can be modified for typically developing kids.”

  • Friday Flashbacks

PB & J Overnight Oats (A gluten-free breakfast recipe that can easily be prepped ahead for a simple morning meal that tastes like a childhood favorite.)

pb & j overnight oats

Total Body Medicine Ball Workout (Your upper and lower body and your core will feel the burn during this workout that targets the whole body in a decreasing repetition format.)

Total Body Medicine Ball Workout

Question of the Day

What is one thing you are loving this week?

The post Things I’m Loving Friday #235 appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment