Thursday, February 8, 2018

10 Things I Use In Our Kitchen (Almost) Daily

Good morning! We’re switching things up on the blog today with a reader request post! A little while ago, I received an email from a blog reader who was in the process of creating a registry for her upcoming wedding. She asked me for my recommendations on some big-ticket items like knives, a blender, pots and pans but also wanted to know what kinds of things I use in my kitchen regularly that I maybe didn’t expect to love as much as I do.

As I was writing out my response to her email, I realized 1.) I practically wrote her a novel and 2.) I thought her question might make an interesting blog post topic, especially if YOU guys share a little bit about some of the not-so-typical kitchen tools you use on an almost-daily basis as well.

10 Most Used Kitchen Items

Many of my most-used products are, quite honestly, products of laziness that cut down time on mundane tasks (like chopping veggies or doing dishes) but since I clearly like to cut corners and save time in the kitchen whenever I can, I suppose this makes sense. I’d love to hear about any products or interesting finds you guys were surprised to fall in love with that you use regularly in your kitchen as well. As you’ll see below, nothing too small is off limits (I mean I’m giving a shout out to a soap dispensing dish brush) so please share your favorite finds with me!

10 Most Used Kitchen Items

salad chopper

I’ve talked about this salad chopper on the blog a time or two but this bad boy gets SO much use in our house so it had to make this list. Chopped salads are the best salads – so much flavor in every bite – and this chopper and bowl combination makes it incredibly easy to chop a bunch of ingredients up at once. The double pizza cutter-like blade is very sharp and powerful and easily slices through everything from cabbage and peppers to chicken! The bowl is also very large, making it easy to make a giant chopped salad to serve multiple people.

pampered chef salad dressing measuring cup

This was a recent Things I’m Loving Friday feature for good reason. I frequently make my own salad dressings at home and love the way it has a handful of go-to dressing recipes on the side of the container. I’ve made all of them and think they’re fantastic! (I actually also have this salad dressing bottle which is a cheaper $7 option!)

Electric Kettle

I’m not drinking much coffee right now (I’m avoiding most caffeine at the moment) but tea is my current BFF and so I’ve been using our electric kettle multiple times a day. Call me super lazy, but I rarely used our tea pot because it would take the water too long to heat up and ended up microwaving water for tea before we got this electric kettle. It heats water in a hot second and can make multiple cups of hot water at a time which I love since Ryan is a tea-drinker, too, and it makes preparing tea for a groups breeze.

Pampered Chef Measuring Spoons

These measuring spoons were a gift from my mother-in-law and they could not be more handy! I love using them when I’m preparing various recipes because they cut down on the number of dishes I have to do since I can usually just wipe dry spices out before measuring the next spices for the recipe and only wash them once when I’m completely done. The adjustable sliders create a seal for wet and dry ingredients so you can use them for everything from spices and solid foods to oils and liquids.

Soap Dispensing Brush

This soap dispensing dish brush is used multiple times every day in our house. The brush releases a bit of dish soap with the press of a button so you don’t have to load up the bristles with soap yourself (oh my gosh, how lazy am I!?) and it’s easy to refill over and over again. I also like the way the hard tip of the brush can be used  to help me chip away at hard-to-remove bits of food.

Glass Storage Containers

I’ve had my glass storage containers for years and truly believe not a day goes by when I don’t use at least one of them! While I love them for the obvious storage reasons (they’re great for meal prep!), I REALLY love them for reheating leftovers for myself for lunch since I often don’t have to transfer the leftovers from a plastic container to a new bowl to safely reheat my meals.

Le Creuset silicone handle

If you make a lot of dishes that involve placing a skillet or cast-iron pan in the oven, I cannot recommend this silicone handle enough! My mom gave me one when I first began making frittatas and offhandedly told her I burned myself almost every time I would make one because I’d absentmindedly grasp the pan handle to hold the frittata steady as I cut it after I pulled it out of the oven. Now I simply slip this handle cover on the pan the minute it comes out of the oven and haven’t burnt my hand since. Safety for the win!

Lil Chizler

This handy-dandy scraper tool first popped up on PBF Ii n 2016 and my love for its powerful scraping abilities rings true to this day. My mom read about this tool in Real Simple magazine and it’s magical. It does the BEST job at removing food that is completely stuck to pots and pans. It’s great for cleaning casserole dishes, muffin tins… the works! You can also use it to remove dried food from on top of the stove or countertops, stickers from picture frames and more. It’s inexpensive and it works like a charm. Love this thing!

cooking stand toddler

toddler kitchen helper stand

I waffled back and forth on whether or not investing in a kitchen helper cooking stand for Chase would be a good decision but the minute it arrived, any reservations I had went right out the window! He took to the stand immediately and we use it every single day. Chase LOVES being involved in the kitchen and the cooking stand comes in handy when he wants to “help” me cook or bake, do crafts at the kitchen counter, wash his hands or dishes, etc.

mason jars

Soooo basic, I know. But I really do use these glass jars for everything! From storing various dried foods I purchase from bulk bins (nuts, beans, granola) to refrigerating a homemade sauce or even making mason jar salads or overnight oats, I do not think one day goes by where I’m not using a mason jar for one reason or another.

Question of the Day

What are some of the most used kitchen items you find yourself reaching for again and again outside of the usual big-ticket items like pots and pans?

The post 10 Things I Use In Our Kitchen (Almost) Daily appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment