Tuesday, September 19, 2017

This Week’s Meal Plan: 5 Healthy Weeknight Dinners

I’ve been a little off my meal planning game lately which means I’ve found myself running to the grocery store multiple times a week for odds and ends I need to feed our family. This translates to spending more than I would like to at the grocery store and also less healthy eating in general, two things I try to be mindful of in my day-to-day life.

In an effort to jump back into healthier eating,  I took some time to plan out our meals for the week yesterday morning and took Chase along for a much more organized trip to the grocery store in the early evening. I figured this week’s meal plan might make a decent blog post just in case you are anything like me and are always looking for healthy and easy dinner ideas. This meal plan is comprised of recipes I’ve made in the past so I can vouch for them and assure you they’re all delicious, clean and quite nutritious, too!

5 Easy and Healthy Weeknight Dinners

Meal Plan: 5 Healthy Weeknight Dinners

  • Monday: Rotisserie Chicken with Green Beans and Leftover Lentils

rotisserie chicken lentils green beans

Since we were running out to do our grocery store shopping immediately before dinner yesterday, I was tempted to grab a frozen pizza and call it a night but thankfully the meal planner in me knew I’d be tempted by convenient food, so I planned to make Monday night’s dinner a ready-to-go rotisserie chicken. I paired it with Brittany’s easy green beans and leftover lentils and garbanzo beans we had in the fridge from a weekend cookout.

meatloaf asparagus sweet potatoes

When Ryan and I first moved in together, we ate SO MUCH meat loaf. We’d often let it cook in the oven while we took Sadie on a walk after work and loved coming home to a hot and tasty dinner that was ready for us to eat! BBQ meatloaf is both of our favorite and I love this easy BBQ meatloaf recipe since it makes it easy to incorporate veggies into the mix as well. I’m planning to pair the meatloaf with asparagus and roasted sweet potatoes topped with a little butter and a sprinkle of sea salt.

Paleo Spaghetti Squash Casserole

In my blog post about Healthy Meals to Make For Others, I mentioned this recipe because it’s a go-to for me to bring to someone after they had a baby. I’m bringing my friend Lauren dinner on  Wednesday and since I know her family tries to eat healthy, I am hoping this will be a welcomed dish for them to enjoy as they adjust to life as a family of four. Since I’m already planning to make this dish for Lauren’s family, doubling the recipe will be easy and we’ll have the same thing for dinner in our house that night, too!

crock pot pork potatoes carrots

I made this dinner last week on a rainy day and it was the ultimate comfort food! I altered the recipe quite a bit from the original and added a chopped onion, potato and carrots to the crock pot with additional broth and it was SO good. I’m already excited to make it again this week, especially since it was so easy.

Easy Spaghetti Bolognese

There’s something about Friday nights that often cause me to crave pizza, spaghetti and lasagna. Anything with red sauce and lots of cheese! I’m already looking forward to digging into a big bowl of spaghetti with Bolognese sauce and love Gina’s delicious lightened-up sauce recipe which is easy to adapt to your own preferences (I love adding sweet peppers to mine). I’m planning to serve this topped with freshly-grated parmesan cheese and side salads. An added bonus: Chase LOVES Bolognese sauce so this one is almost always a hit with our toddler!

Question of the Day

What is one thing on the menu for dinner at your house this week?

The post This Week’s Meal Plan: 5 Healthy Weeknight Dinners appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment