Friday, September 29, 2017

Things I’m Loving Friday #203

In usual Friday fashion, this blog post features a roundup of a few things I’m loving this week, including Quaker’s new Overnight Oats for breakfast! Thank you so much to Quaker for sponsoring the overnight oats shout out in this post! (All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

Hello and happy Friday, my friends! How are you doing this morning? I’m full of excited anticipation because we’re heading off to Hilton Head Island in South Carolina this evening! I’m feeling very ready for a couple of days away with my family and this will be the very first vacation Ryan, Chase and I have been on alone together as a family of three. Woop! I’ve been to Hilton Head years ago but I was too young to remember anything so I cannot wait to explore, try some delicious food and relax. And for those of you who have been to Hilton Head in the past, please let me know of any must-see, must-eat and must-do things in the area. You guys always have the best recommendations, so I’d love your advice!

And now let’s get to the reason you’re probably stopping by the blog today: Things I’m Loving Friday! Below you will find a small collection of things I’m loving this week and, as always, I’d love to hear a little bit about something that is making you smile this week in the comments section of this post.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Things I’m Loving Friday

  • Quaker Overnight Oats

I’m not sure what it is about the two mornings a week that Chase has preschool, but I cannot help but feel a little more frazzled than usual as I try to get us out the door in time. Inevitably something unexpected will pop up just as I think we’re ready to go (spilling his breakfast down his shirt, a perfectly-timed poop, etc.) and I felt quite grateful I had a convenient and nutritious breakfast waiting for me in the fridge on Wednesday morning this week.

Quaker Overnight Oats

Quaker Overnight Oats to the rescue!  The oats are easy to prep: You simply add your preferred milk option to the fill line and let them cold-steep in the refrigerator overnight. Quaker Overnight Oats come in four different flavors (Raisin Walnut & Honey Heaven, Blueberry Banana & Vanilla Bliss, Orchard Peach Pecan Perfection and Toasted Coconut & Almond Crunch) with no artificial flavors and no added colors. I’ve tried them all and the Toasted Coconut & Almond Crunch is my favorite. I like adding a spoonful of Greek yogurt to the oats in the morning for added creaminess.

  • Handmade Dishcloths

handmade dishcloths

I have a question for those of you with knitters in your family: Do these little handmade dishcloths look familiar? I’m curious to know because both of my grandmothers knit and always had them in their homes and now my mom knits and has them in her home so they seem almost synonymous with knitter’s home to me. My mom knit a few dishcloths for me throughout the years and they’re actually wonderful for wiping down countertops and cleaning up odds and ends around the house. I love not relying on paper towels for everything and these handmade dishcloths wash well and hold up for years and years. Thanks for my growing supply, Mama!

All the Missing Girls Book

This book was highly recommended by one of you (hi Jenna!) on last week’s TILF post when I put out a call for suspense novel recommendations. Talk about a page-turner! The story is told in reverse —Day 15 to Day 1—from the time Annaleise went missing. Annaleise is Nic’s neighbor and the girlfriend of Nic’s ex-boyfriend Tyler, whom she was dating ten years ago when Nic’s best friend Corinne went missing. Nic works to unravel the truth about Annaleise’s disappearance after she returns home which reveals shocking truths about her friends, her family and what really happened to her best friend Corinne when she disappeared ten years ago. When I realized this book was written in reverse order, I was skeptical about whether or not it would include any surprises but there were plenty of twists and intrigue in this page-turning thriller. I felt like I was on edge the entire time I read this book. It was intense but awesome! Thank you for the recommendation, Jenna!

  • Embracing Summer Weather in the Fall

lake norman

This may seem silly, but with temperatures once again hitting 90 degrees this week, I initially found myself feeling frustrated because it’s almost October and feels like the middle of July around here! I mentioned this briefly on the blog yesterday, but I knew I needed an attitude adjustment early in the week and tried to shift my mind away from dreams of flannel tops, chilly-weather apple picking and hot mugs of mulled wine to the fun that comes with splashing in the pool and floating in the lake while we still can. I love summer, so why not love it for a few weeks more? An evening trip to the splash pad with Ryan and Chase last night helped make me smile and embrace the sweaty weather. All that being said, my fall decorations are calling to me from my office closet and I will be busting them out next week, 90-degree temps or not!

  • Friday Flashbacks

Total Body Floor Workout (I did this low-impact workout at home at the end of the day earlier this week when I wasn’t able to make it to the gym. Burn baby, burn!)

FLOOR WORKOUT Total Body

Homemade Engagement Gift Basket (A throwback post to the engagement gift basket I put together for my sister!)

Engagement Gift Basket

Questions of the Day

What is one thing you are loving this week?

Any Hilton Head Island recommendations for me?

The post Things I’m Loving Friday #203 appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment