Friday, September 8, 2017

Things I’m Loving Friday #200

Good morning, my friends! How are you today? I am so pumped for this weekend because we have a whole lot of n-o-t-h-i-n-g on the agenda.

I’m sure we’ll fill our days with some sort of activity but without any commitments on the calendar, I am excited for a weekend of doing whatever we want to do whenever we want to do it. To me, that looks like downtime at home, maybe a new kind of activity or experience with Chase, long walks with Sadie in the morning and early bedtimes. We sure do like to party it up around here, right!?

As I went to type up the title of this blog post, I realized we’re officially on our two hundredth Things I’m Loving Friday blog post. What!? So crazy! This post is quite often my favorite post of the week to write because it serves as a small way to remind me to smile about the little, and often seemingly mundane, things in life. And you know I love it when you tell me about something you’re loving every week in the comments section!

So let’s get to it… Number 200!!

Things I’m Loving Friday

Clean Eating Magazine

When it comes to finding easy, healthy recipes in a magazine, Clean Eating is absolutely my favorite. It’s packed with recipes that are simple (no crazy spices or ridiculously long ingredient lists) and when a magazine sale popped up on Zulily, I quickly renewed my subscription for the next two years. I always end up dog-earing a bunch of pages in each issue and my homemade recipe folder (comprised of recipes I print off the internet or tear out of magazines) is overflowing with more than a handful of recipes I’ve saved from this magazine. I actually made the Asian Burgers from the July issue for dinner last night and they were a big hit! I highly recommend this magazine to anyone looking for simple, healthy recipe inspiration delivered to your mailbox every month.

Citrus Juicer

I’m not sure why it took me SO long to purchase a citrus juicer but I finally bought one at the beginning of the summer and it’s something I surprised myself by using ALL the time. I’m not sure why I hate juicing lemons and limes by hand… the mess? The fact that I never get that much juice out of the fruit and feel like I waste a lot of it?  Whatever it is, I’m happy to report that juicing lemons and limes no longer feels like a pain. I use this juicer constantly to make marinades, salad dressings, curries and more. It’s so handy and as someone who figured I’d use it a few times a year, I’m happy to report that this juicer is now a kitchen staple I use multiple times a week.

  • Arie as the Next Bachelor

arie bachelor

What do you guys think of Arie as the Bachelor!? I saw headlines announcing his selection pop up yesterday and while I was moderately surprised that they didn’t pick Peter from Rachel’s season (I loved him!), I remember liking Arie from Emily’s season years ago. Truth be told, I don’t remember too much about him but my general feelings toward him are positive, so hopefully that’s a good sign. Thoughts???

Thrive Market Delivery

I’ve had a few of you request more Thrive Market delivery haul updates so I’m sharing my latest delivery today! I know I’m always on the lookout for new Thrive products to try and this week’s delivery included a bunch of our favorite staples and a few new-to-us goodies. This haul included everything from pouches and bars for Chase to maple syrup, collagen (Thrive Market has it for cheaper than anywhere else I’ve found), Eating Evolved coconut butter cups (cannot WAIT to try these – only 4 grams of sugar per cup!), Simple Mills pizza dough mix, organic worcestershire and fish sauces (both new for us), nuts, jerky sticks and more. And if you’re not a Thrive member yet but are interested in giving it a try, my referral link will give you 25% off your order! I regularly order everything from food and snacks to beauty and household products from Thrive Market. (I order many of our cleaning and laundry supplies from Thrive, too!)

  • Friday Flashbacks

Pumpkin Icebox Cake (Too soon for pumpkin? Never!! This recipe is a sweet and creamy dessert that is easy to make and overflowing with cinnamon and pumpkin flavor. Simply whip up a batch of homemade cinnamon pumpkin whipped cream and layer it with Biscoff cookies for a festive fall dessert everyone will love!)

Easy Pumpkin Icebox Cake

Total Body Workout: Arms, Legs, Abs, Cardio (A great at-home workout option if you have access to a set of dumbbells and a stability ball.)

Total-Body-Workout-that-targets-the-ARMS-LEGS-and-ABS-with-bursts-of-CARDIO

  • Around the Web

Food: Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash / Thai Cashew Coconut Rice / Ginger Peach Turkey Tenderloin / Apple Spice Amazeballs / Healthy Lettuce Wraps /

Fitness: Sculpted Arm Barre Workout / Core + Cardio + Upper Body Naptime Workout / Lower Body Dumbbell Workout

Question of the Day

What is one thing that is making you smile this week?

The post Things I’m Loving Friday #200 appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment