Monday, February 5, 2018

A Partner Cardio Workout, A Baby Shower and My First “Official” Bump Pic

Hey friends! How are you guys doing!? I’m beginning to type up this blog post while sitting on the couch with my boys as they enthusiastically watch the Super Bowl and play with toy airplanes. I am really only enjoying the game because Chase says, “On your mark, get set, go!” every time the Eagles and the Patriots line up and get ready to run a play which I find way too adorable. (Confession: I had to think for a little too long about the proper term to use when I said “get ready to run a play” and really wanted to say “make a hike.” Ha! Goooo sports!)

I hope you all had a great weekend! Our weekend was a good one filled with fun with family and friends. I don’t know about you, but I sure could use another day to get myself organized and feel a little more prepared going into the week ahead. Phew!

Saturday

Our weekend kicked off bright and early on Saturday morning thanks to a wakeup call from Chase whose new favorite thing to yell from his crib is, “Mooom! Open the door!” Once I answered his call, we read a few books and then headed downstairs for breakfast. Ryan arrived home from the gym not long after and we did a quick swap and I headed off to boot camp to meet up with my friend Lauren for a partner workout.

partner cardio workout

It was a cardio sweat fest and, honestly, it felt amazing! I had more energy than I have in a while and going through the workout with Lauren was a lot of fun since she’s always so positive and motivating.

Once I made it back home, I grabbed a quick shower and then Ryan, Chase and I made our way up to a gymnastics facility for Chase’s friend Cooper’s third birthday party. The venue was perfect for a bunch of energetic toddlers and Chase had a ball running around, jumping on the trampolines and hanging from the bars and rings before everyone dug into cupcakes.

mooresville little flippers

We arrived home in time for lunch followed by a not-so-great nap for Chase. Ryan and I both used his nap time to work. A restless hour later, Chase was up and family time picked back up again! We hung out at home until our stomachs told us it was time for dinner. I had a Groupon for a local hibachi restaurant that’s going to expire next weekend and your comments on last Friday’s post made me think Chase could possibly enjoy the experience, so we piled into Ryan’s car and headed out.

IMG_0746-001

Chase was way into his toy camera during our evening adventure but took all of his pictures with the fake front lens of the camera pressed against his eye. Ha!

IMG_0739-001

IMG_0768-001

(As I mentioned on Instagram, I am officially in the stage of pregnancy where nothing fits me and I don’t know how to dress myself. This is not a complaint, merely a fact, because I have no idea what I’m even wearing in the above pic.)

We arrived at the restaurant and had the weirdest experience. The hostess went to the bar to inquire about a wait and told us we were going to have a wait with “no estimated wait time.” Ryan and I tried hard not to laugh as I did my best to politely ask, “Do you think it could be 10 minutes or more like an hour?” She just shrugged her shoulders and said she had no way of knowing. Soooo we left. An unknown wait time with a two-and-a-half year old didn’t sound promising, so we ended up grabbing dinner at a different restaurant before heading home for the night.

I began reading Lilac Girls last week and picked it up again for the second time on Saturday night. I’ve read more than my fair share of WWII historical fiction novels though the books can obviously be heavy and emotionally draining, but something about this book is especially vivid and heart-wrenching. It’s not one I’m reading every single night because it is so heavy and horrifying in parts, though I do find the book interesting and compelling.

Sunday

Our Sunday morning began the usual way. We ate pancakes at home before heading out in the rain to the early morning service at our church. By the time we made it home, I had just enough time to do a little food prep for the week ahead with my favorite tiny sous-chef.

simple mills pumpkin loaf baking

We made a pumpkin loaf, chocolate superfood energy bites and chopped some veggies for the week ahead before I had to get ready for my friend Macie’s baby shower.

neutral baby shower cake

Macie has the most incredible story and has been through so much in the past couple of years as she and her husband hoped and prayed for a baby. (She’s also very open to sharing her story with others which helped me so much over the past year.) She’s now expecting a baby girl in April and just before Christmas, Macie and her husband found out they were selected by a family to adopt their beautiful son who was born just after Thanksgiving. Watching their wonderful family grow has been amazing and I’m so thrilled for them and their two blessings!

I popped into the grocery store for a solo trip (amazing!) on the way home from the shower and arrived home just as Chase was waking up from a solid two-hour nap. I quickly had Ryan snap my first non-mirrored selfie bump shot before I changed into my pajamas for the rest of the night.

21 weeks pregnant

I recently ordered a few bump-friendly dresses for some upcoming bridal and baby showers from ASOS’ outlet when I realized they have a ton of inexpensive maternity clothing. Now that I think about it, I should probably check the site again for some more casual apparel since I love most of the dresses I ordered and am on the struggle bus big time with clothing right now. (This is the dress I’m wearing in the above pic which I think looks very Free People-y but it was only $27! I paired it with a duster cardigan and ankle booties for the cold weather but think it will be a great spring/summer dress I can dress up or down.)

We spent the rest of our Sunday night at home in our pajamas and made a big batch of mac and cheese for dinner which was pretty much the ideal way to watch the Super Bowl for this girl. I ended up reading in bed until after midnight but somehow I’m not exhausted this morning and I just hope a fog doesn’t hit me later this afternoon!

I hope you all had a great weekend and that the week ahead treats you well! Chase has preschool this morning and I plan to take full advantage of a few free hours to work before meeting up with a woman I know from my gym who is interested in chatting about all things blogging. Have a great Monday!

P.S. Super random question, but as of yesterday my phone started acting up and I can only open one app at a time before I have to shut my phone down and restart it. For example, I can text but then I cannot switch over to check my email without turning my phone off and starting over. Has this happened to any of you? It’s so weird! Does this mean my phone is dying a slow death? It’s more than two years old but works find other than this bizarre glitch!

The post A Partner Cardio Workout, A Baby Shower and My First “Official” Bump Pic appeared first on Peanut Butter Fingers.

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment